Grilled Asparagus with Blueberry Corn Relish
Grilled asparagus and corn are two of our favorite summer vegetables. This salad side dish brings them together and made even better with fresh blueberries.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
● 2 ears corn, husked, rinsed and kernels removed
● 1 cup fresh blueberries
● 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
● 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
● 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
● 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
● 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
● 1 pound fresh asparagus
● 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix together corn kernels, blueberries, jalapeno, vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, cilantro and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Trim the ends of the asparagus and discard. Toss asparagus, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Place the asparagus on the grill perpendicular to the grates. Grill for 7-10 minutes, rotating occasionally, until tender.
- Transfer the asparagus to a serving platter and top with blueberry corn relish. Serve immediately.